Don't miss out on exciting updates
' Don't Panic..It's Just A Name, lol'
I've received quite a number of emails asking me to go deeper into advice for newbie bloggers! And although I am in no position to do that, seeing as I'm a newbie blogger myself, I thought this could benefit me as well in some way!
So today, we're going to be talking about picking a name for your blog. Now before you have a panic attack, bear in mind that you can change your blog name ANYTIME! So don't panic! It's just a name...but then again, it's not! Here are some things to consider when choosing your blog name
Here We Go...
1. Keep It Simple and Catchy: The less complicated it is, the shorter it is, the better for you. It's easier for people to remember and find relatable. Also, work with alliterations if you can, it's more fun that way! For example: 'justjessie.com' versus 'jessiefashionflarefun.com'
2. Unique But Not Too Unique: I've found that unless it's a blog that encompasses many focuses, it's important to use key words that let people know exactly what they should expect. Your niche determines your name! eg, 'fashionbydaisy.com' is obviously a style based website/blog. you dig?
3. Take Inspiration: You can find inspiring words everywhere! From a thesaurus to a name generator! The internet is indeed your oyster!
4. Search Your Name Online: before you commit to a name, check online to make sure it's not taken! sometimes, it may be available on blogspot or wordpress but not as a domain name (more on domain names later)
5. Ask Around: You need to know that it's okay to ask for second opinions from others. Someone could hear your choice and come up with one you like better! Ask me even!
A good name is:
a. Easy To Pronounce
b.Easy To Spell
e. Easy To Read
What other DBB (Dear Baby Brownie) post would you like to see?
Be Better Brownie,