Don't miss out on exciting updates
Daniel 10: 1-21
It's been a while since I made one of these posts but more on that later (I think a video would be the best way to explain). Today, my mum and I had one of our regular bible studies and I felt compelled to share this one with anyone who is:
b. Alone, or
c. Waiting for answered prayers from God!
Disclaimer, the deeper you read into these verses, the more apocalyptic they become so if you're not into reading about revelations, you may have to tap out on this one [if there is anyone like that,lol]
Our devotion was taken from Daniel 10 verses 1 through 21: (this is the English Standard version)
10 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a word was revealed to Daniel,who was named Belteshazzar. And the word was true, and it was a great conflict.a]">[a] And he understood the word and had understanding of the vision.
2 In those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three weeks. 3 I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks. 4 On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standingon the bank of the great river (that is, the Tigris) 5 I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6 His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude.7 And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision, but a great trembling fell upon them, and they fled to hide themselves. 8 So I was left alone and saw this great vision, and no strength was left in me. My radiant appearance was fearfully changed,b]">[b] and I retained no strength. 9 Then I heard the sound of his words, and as I heard the sound of his words, I fell on my face in deep sleep with my face to the ground.
10 And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia, 14 and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. Forthe vision is for days yet to come.”
15 When he had spoken to me according to these words, I turned my face toward the ground and was mute. 16 And behold, one in the likeness of the children of man touched my lips. Then I opened my mouth and spoke. I said to him who stood before me, “O my lord, by reason of the vision pains have come upon me, and I retain no strength. 17 How can my lord's servant talk with my lord? For now no strength remains in me, and no breath is left in me.”
18 Again one having the appearance of a man touched me and strengthened me. 19 And he said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.” 20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against theprince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come.21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.
What do you think?What did you get from the reading? Comment before reading my thoughts below!!
My [and my mum's] Thoughts
- Daniel fasted because he seeked knowledge or some form of wisdom from God, not because he had sinned. How many of us fast because we want God to talk to us, not because we did something or are in need of something? Ref v2
- When the 'man' appeared, others felt the trembling and were scared but none except Daniel actually SAW him. We should pray to be the ones who see what cannot be seen. Ref v5
- Daniel's answer was grabted from the FIRST day he began his prayers but had been delayed. The messenger angel (Gabriel perhaps) was stuck in a battle and God sent angel Michael to assist him ALL so Daniel would get what he required. Such a powerful prayer point as it is! We must ask God to clear the way for us to receive our own blessings.
Also, although Daniel did not receive his answer after the first few days, he not only persevered but stayed in a state of grace that could have eventually led to the sending of Angel Michael to intercede. Ref v12
- Daniel could not find his words in the presence of the Angel until his mouth was touched and then he spoke. We too must ask God to open our mouths for those times we want to be in His presnece but cannot find the strength or wording.Ref v 15
- Daniel was weak and was strenghtened by the one that appeared as a man. Why can we not be strenghtened when we are weak as well? Ref v19
What else is there to say? Didn't want to steal all the juicy bits because I' love to hear what you have to say as well! Let's fellowship together on this.
I pray that your prayers remain always answered and that God grants you the courage required to get through our own personal wars.
Be Better Brownie!