I asked on my IG story (@thebrowniegram) if anyone would like to get an insight on the kinds of devotionals I’ve been keying into for the past year or so and the response was so amazing, I knew I had to put out the post as soon as possible!
But before we get into that, how are you? Comment below and let me know! Right now, I have a casual stint on insomnia (it’s worth it this time) and as my mum has suggested, I’m putting my sleeplessness to good use!
To expertly tackle this, we have to speak on YouVersion as an app. This app is HANDS DOWN my top 2 in praying/spirituality apps, second only to my audio rosary app (any catholics in the house??) Because of a few simple reasons:
- It has a large VARIETY of potential bible translations dependent on your preference ( I recommend ‘the message’, it’s millennial in word formation so it’s very easy to understand. Imagine hearing the Bible with your friend explaining it) but for those more stern and traditional, of course it has King James as well
- It has more than one purpose. Like most bible apps that are restricted to bible use in itself, you version allows you not only to try out their plans(or devotionals) but it gives you the opportunity to add your friends and do the devotional with them! It also lets you share what you’re learning within and outside the platform which is so encouraging
Now, on to the devotionals or plans that I’ve loved and can honestly recommend dependent on your situation. I have several lists that I will update regularly on my social media but for now, here’s the ones that stood out to me along with links if available. It is wise to remind everyone that there are an UNLIMITED amount of plans on the add and all you need to do is put in some key words to find what you need. My most searched have to do with ‘anxiety’ ‘family’ ‘love’ ‘self love’ and the future, etc. Here we go with 10 of my favorites in no particular order:
- The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas- This one talks about looking beyond finding a ‘soul mate’ and gearing into ‘sole mate’. It definitely changed my mindset when it comes to what I want from love. Duration- 7 days. Category- Love
- Lesson’s from My Grandma’s Garden- This short but sweet one compares lessons the author learnt in his mother’s garden to lessons God wants us to learn in life. It talks about stirring up the power and authority you possess because you walk in Christ Jesus. Duration- 3 days. Category- Life
- The Dating Manifesto- I know how this one sounds lol. It’s a funny but direct plan also to help you mentally prep for what it is you want if finding love is what you want. I really liked this one, it really breaks down what marriage is, why it’s important and what to look out for. Who doesn’t need some extra direction? Duration- 7 days. Category- Love
- Captured and Crowned- This one was brought up by a friend of mine and I was so glad she added me to the plan, don’t know that I would have found it if she didn’t. It focuses on the importance of self love and is rooted firmly in the Bible which is PERFECT. Its primary focus is building you up in Christ in a way that cannot be taken away from you. Feeling down on yourself? Check this one out! Duration- 7 days. Category- Self Love
- Get Lost: Love Feast- Feeling like getting a little lost in the Lord? Especially when nothing in the world makes any sense? You need 10 days of this to start you out on the right path! This one teaches you HOW to get lost in God and also exposes the blessings that come from it! Loved this one! So sad it ended, lol. Duration- 10 days. Category- Strength in God
- Beauty Begins: Making peace in your reflection- Yes! Yet another self love related plan. We really need them guys! There’s nothing quite like learning that God’s plan for you is that you see the value in YOURSELF! Try this one out! Duration- 7 days. Category- Self Love
- The Armor of God- Feeling naked in the face of adversity and chaos? Even as a child of God! You need the armor of God! This plan takes an interesting and modern twist to the armor of God verses we know and have most likely memorized. Duration- 5 days. Category- Strength in God
- The Pursuit- Believe it or not, this isn’t about pursuing a partner. It’s about pursuing God. The focus on a relationship worth having with God makes this plan stand out to me. I wish it was longer. You should realize that not only are you in pursuit of God, he’s in pursuit of you too! Duration- 5 days. Category- Strength in God
- Begin Again- ‘Always we begin again’ is one of my favorite quotes in the whole world because of this plan. It focuses on how to move forward after being stuck in a rut and learning to begin again as many times as you need to to get it right. It’s an eye-opener for sure. Duration- 7 days. Category- Self Love
- 21 days to Rightful relationships- I’m sure this one is rather self explanatory so I wont spend too much time on it. We all need help and this definitely helps to weed out relationships worth saving and worth scrapping. Duration- 21 days. Category- Love/Friendship
I have so much more to share, let me know what you’ve tried as well, I’m always looking for new ones to add to my list! I’m also thinking of sharing plans that I want to do so you can join me and we can discuss together! What do you think?
Be Better Brownie!