In the spirit of ‘nesting’ (preggo terms, which basically means preparing your environment for the baby), I’ve had a series of sleepless nights thinking of little things I wanted to do to make my space ready for my little churro. Since I’m going to be in my family house for at least churro’s first year ( trust me, I need the help, we aren’t complaining lol), I decided to FINALLY to change up my space! Changing up your space is a physical and mental exercise, so beneficial regardless of what stage in life you’re at.
Today, I’m sharing with you FIVE seemingly small things you can do to revamp your own space as well! I’m also still in the process of finishing up so if you have any ideas of your own, comment them below!
- Fresh coat of paint: Do not underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint! Depending on where you are, this may not cost as much as you think. I had to use two small buckets of paint for my room and that cost me a total of N14,000 minus workmanship. Once I changed my room color, it felt like this was really happening. Choose a color that mimics what you need. E.g, white paint makes your space look airy and spaced out, darker colors make your room look cozier
- Change of lighting: Lighting is MAJOR key! I always recommend white light, because it tends to look better in bright rooms AND most white bulbs are energy saving as well. Yellow light gives good ambience but not much practicability
- Wall storage: I’ve found that I seem to be the only person in my house that isn’t a hoarder lol. Before I redid my room, there were small boxes, cases, etc in different corners of the room. Moving your storage from the floor level to wall level makes a HUGE difference. It opens up the space and makes the space look neater, more organized and less accident-prone. I designed some of my shelves and got some inspiration from Pinterest as well! Search ‘ Wall storage’
- Declutter: Most of the discomfort we have with spaces is the fact that they’re cluttered. A major thing for me revamping my room was getting rid of things I hadn’t seen, remembered or used in the last 6 months. Trust me, you didn’t remember them then, you wont remember them later! Be strong, and make a donation to your church for the less privilege to get some grace points as well!
- Green is in: Adding in plants to my space made it perfect for me! More oxygen and actual life in my room. Not to mention a pop of green here and there to brighten up my space. The perfect final touch!
These tips are perfect for someone on a budget and its fun to be so involved in the process as well!
I can’t wait to fill it up with love and affection when churro gets here! Not to mention dirty diapers (gag)
What have you done to revamp your space lately?
Be Better Brownie!